Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Lemon Crinkle Cookies

     Who loves lemons? I do! I do!  Recently, one of my friend's gave some wonderful fresh lemons from her garden, but I didn't know what I wanted to do with them.  So, I browsed around on Pinterest and found this amazing recipe on this fabulous blog Let's Dish for Lemon Crinkle Cookies!  I thought what a perfect way to incorporate all these lemons.  So..... I made some!



Ingredients
½ cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1-½ cups flour
½ cup powdered sugar

Directions
     Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking sheets with non-stick cooking
 spray  or use parchment paper and set aside.  In a large bowl, 
cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. 



Whip in vanilla, egg, lemon zest, and juice. Scrape sides and mix again. 




Sift all dry ingredients (excluding the powdered sugar) together into a bowl, then stir 
in all dry ingredients slowly until just combined.  Scrape sides of bowl and mix again briefly. 



Sift powdered sugar onto a large plate or bowl. Roll a heaping teaspoon of dough 
into a ball and roll in powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet and repeat 
with remaining dough.  


Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies and cracked on top.  Remove from oven and
 cool cookies about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.


This is what they look like when they are cooled and ready to eat!  They are so good! 
You have to try this recipe, so easy and delicious! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comment. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
1 09 10