Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pumpkin Banana Muffins


     Last night I asked Liam what he would like for breakfast in the morning, he told me he wanted muffins.  Alrighty, I guess we are having muffins in the morning!  I recently made a dessert with some pumpkin, and I had A LOT left, so thought I would find a muffin recipe so I could use up the rest.  And I did...Pumpkin Banana Muffins! PERFECT!

Found the recipe from Strive for Progress.


Ingredients:

3 cups all purpose flour (sifted)
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 eggs (room temperature)
1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
1 cup honey
3 bananas (mashed)
1 cup pureed pumpkin
1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1/2 chopped toasted walnuts (optional)

How to make it:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Line muffin pan with paper liners.
In a bowl of an electric mixer, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, mix on low speed.
Then add bananas, pumpkin, honey, eggs, and melted butter.
Mix at medium speed until combined.
Stir in the chocolate chips or walnuts if using.
Scoop batter into prepared muffin pans.
Bake in oven for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean and muffins are golden brown.
Let cool on wire rack then ENJOY!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comment. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
1 09 10