Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Sunshine Award

The other morning I woke up and discovered I was awarded the Sunshine Award by my friend Tamara over at her blog Confessions of a Part-Time Working Mom!  


The Rules:
     Display the award on your blog, then give 7 random facts about yourself.  Answer the 7 questions I had to answer, then nominate any amount of bloggers you choose up to 11.

My 7 Facts About Me:

1.  I was in a beauty pageant when I was younger and actually placed 5th!


2.  When I was pregnant with Liam I had a HUGE craving for cereal! And yes, there are 7 boxes of cereal in that picture! I could never decide on just one! With Kinely I was obsessed about anything pickled! From pickles to artichokes to olives to banana peppers...I wanted them all!



3.  I have to admit, yes I am a kinda of a Vampire fan! I am totally a Twilight Fan!  I have the books, soundtracks, scores, and ALL of the Blu Ray movies!  I even hosted a Twilight Breaking Dawn Birthday Party for one of my Besties.  I also love True Blood!  I have the Sookie Stackhouse Series books and True Blood DVDs!  Even made some True Blood Red Velvet Cookies to snack on while watching the episodes.






4. I received a Best Cheesecake Award in the Vandenberg AFB Spouse's Club Bake Off with my White Chocolate Cheesecake topped with Mandarin Oranges & Cranberry Compote!





4.  I grew up as a military brat and have lived many places growing up, then married back into the Air Force and have lived in a few more places!  I was born in Georgia, then moved to Berlin, Germany (before the wall came down), then to Florida, lived a little in Ohio with family before moving to Terciera in the Azores, Portugal, then to Texas (where my dad retired and I met my future hubby), I moved out to Colorado to be with him (we got married & had Liam), moved to California, currently we are in New Mexico (Kinley was born). 



5.  I love making fun edible masterpieces for Liam.  Especially around the holidays!  Can't wait till Kinley is old enough so I can make some for her too! Here are a few that I have come up with!



6.  I love being crafty.  Since Liam was about 9 months old we have been making cards for all the major holidays and send them to our family and friends.  Now Kinley is old enough to make some too. 


7.  I've always loved writing, especially short stories.  A while back my mom talked me into writing a children's book.  So I did, it hasn't been published, but I did make it into a real book using Shutterfly using my illustrations.  I was inspired by my Grandma Hazel who's nickname was Toots growing up and she loved red foxes (which explains why I love them so much!) I'm hoping one day I can get it published, who knows.

Here's my book if you want to check it out:  Toots and the Golden Coin




Questions for Me:

If you could go back in time ten years and tell yourself one thing, what would it be?
     Just to have fun and enjoy myself with my boyfriend (future hubby), friends and family before the big responsibilities like being a wife, parent, home owner, etc set it.



What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
     I love ice cream so that's a tough one, but I would say my newest favorite is actually Sea Salt Caramel Talenti Gelato.  I know it's not technically an ice cream, but it's soooo good!



If you were to take me on a date, where would we go and why?
     I am a huge foodie, so it only fitting that I take you to Avant Tapas & Wine Restaurant, one of my favorite Wineries and places to get some great food!  Of course, it's in California, so we will have to take a little trip, but definitely worth it!
   
     

Above all else, what are you afraid of?
     I am actually afraid of losing my family and friends.  Miss my grandparents all the time.



What would you do if you new you couldn't fail?
     I would run my own party planning business or a cupcake shop! I love to plan/host parties, and of course baking cupcakes!  Here's the most recent party I planned, Christmas Cookie Swap.
And here's some of the Cupcakes I've baked up!




What has been your favorite age to be and why?
     I don't really have a favorite age.  I had a great childhood.  I just wish I would have enjoyed it more and not try to grow up too fast.



Coffee or tea?
     I like to drink coffee, usually a White Chocolate Mocha, Pumpkin Spice Latte, or a Peppermint Mocha every once in a while.  They are more of a sweet treat for me!  I love Startbucks, but our Nespresso Machine makes a pretty awesome coffee too!  As far as tea goes, I only drink sweetened hot tea when I'm sick.  I can't stand flavored tea!




I would like to give the Sunshine Award to some of these great blogs I follow:








post signature

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for tagging me! I craved cereal all the time when I was pregnant with my girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, I think your blog is great! How funny :o)

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comment. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
1 09 10