Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Dr. Seuss Day

     This past weekend the kiddos and I celebrated Dr. Suess Day (Theodor Seuss Geisel's Birthday)  and National Read Across America Day with lots of fun Dr. Seuss inspired treats, books, and crafts.
     


I found most of these whimsical surprises at last year and 
kept them hidden in mommy's secret stash.
The Thing 1 and Thing 2 t-shirts I found on Amazon and the books
I got at Target on sale!


Looks like the Cat and his Things brought some surprises!


There they are...The Cat in the Hat & Thing 1 and Thing 2


Liam opening his special gifts


Kinley liked all her presents too


I had so much fun making a special Dr. Seuss inspired Breakfast for the kiddos!


A stack of Cat in the Hat Pancakes and Fruit
plus some Green Eggs and Ham!


The kiddos enjoying their yummy breakfast!


After breakfast Liam started on his My Book About Me by Me, Myself and Dr. Seuss


While Kinley got creative with the stickers


For lunch I was inspired by One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish


Liam had fun eating all his fishes!


Later that day the kiddos had a little snack and watched The Lorax
(Well, Liam saw the whole thing, Kinley sat down for a whopping 5 minutes
then was up and going going again!)



I also made these cute "Green Eggs & Ham" snacks!


At the end of the day, we all had a great time.  It was so much fun celebrating a true writing genius!
I grew up reading Dr. Seuss and enjoy sharing his stories with my kiddos!
I will end with these 5 Life Lessons according to Dr. Seuss!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comment. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
1 09 10