Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Joyeux Mardi Gras!

     So Mardi Gras has been going on for awhile, but I usually just celebrate it with the kiddos on Fat Tuesday.  It's a day with beads, masks, purple, green and gold, yummy food, and festive treats!  I usually make the traditional Red Beans & Rice, Gumbo, Dirty Rice, Okra, yadda yadda.... but this year I wanted to do something a little different.  So, I went on Pinterest and found some yummy new recipes to try out on the family.  They are awesome and got the thumbs up!  These were definitely blog worthy!


Here's the Mardi Gras lunch I came up with for Liam 
Purple, green & yellow Gold Fish,
PB&J with sanding sugars,
Grapes & Apricots,
and a King Cake Bar (I made)


While Liam was in school, Kinley and I dressed up!


For dinner I made some finger lickin' Cajun BBQ Shrimp




For dessert we enjoyed some King Cake Bars




Hope you had a fun festive Mardi Gras....
now that we filled ourselves on Fat Tuesday, it's time to fast for Ash Wednesday for Lent!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comment. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
1 09 10