Saturday, May 17, 2014

My Wreck This Journal Journey

     I recently jumped on the "wrecking" bandwagon and started my very own Wreck This Journal.  I came across this new trend on Instagram.  I kept seeing these cool pictures people were creating in this special journal.  I wanted to know what this was and how I can find my own.  So, I went on Google, of course.  Typed in Wreck This Journal and found this according to Goodreads.com

     "For anyone who's ever wished to, but had trouble starting, keeping, or finishing a journal or sketchbook comes Wreck This Journal, an illustrated book that features a subversive collection of prompts, asking readers to muster up their best mistake- and mess-making abilities to fill the pages of the book (and destroy them). Acclaimed illustrator Keri Smith encourages journalers to engage in "destructive" acts-poking holes through pages, adding photos and defacing them, painting with coffee, and more-in order to experience the true creative process. Readers discover a new way of art and journal making-and new ways to escape the fear of the blank page and fully engage in the creative process."
     
     After reading what this "journal" was really about I went on Amazon.com and couldn't help myself from buying the Wreck This Box, which includes Wreck This Journal, Mess, and This is Not a Book.  Why get just one, when I know I'm going to want to do the other two as well!  When it finally arrived, I was so excited and couldn't wait to get started!



So I invite you to join me on my journey as I "wreck" through my journal.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comment. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
1 09 10