Thursday, October 30, 2014

A Little French Flare

          I love when my birthday comes around, gives me a reason to throw an awesome birthday party.  I always try to theme it out!  I know I already had a FANG-tastic True Blood Birthday Dinner Party, but I wanted to host another one with my friend who also had a birthday.  So....with our love of French food and Julia Child, I planned a dinner party with a little French flare.



Here's the pretty and simple table setting I created...


We listened to the Julie & Julia Soundtrack as we mingled, waiting for all the guests to arrive.



I made sure to have pretty pink and purple flowers, the favorites of the birthday girl.


I had to sneak the movie in there somewhere.


Each setting had a printed menu of the night's courses along with a little 
bottle of Paris Amour from Bath & Body Works that I tied a name card to.


Here's my Mastering the Art of French Cooking cookbook by Julia Child .....
looks a little used don't you think?



It was fun dressing up for the occasion.  I rarely get to dress up, 
so it was nice to put on a pretty dress and some heels.


I even did my nails, sporting some cute floral Reminisce Jamberry Nail Wraps!


Here's my fabulous wedges I got a Target!


We started with some French Onion Tarts & Korbel Brut Champagne 
(Sparkling Apple Cider for the preggo)


First course we enjoyed a Sweet Spinach Salad & Dreaming Tree Crush Wine
(Sparkling Apple Cider for the preggo)


Onto course three, the main course....Boeuf Bourguignon 
& Cupcake Vineyards Merlot Wine
(Sparkling Pomegranate Cider for the preggo)


One of my favorite courses...the Fromage Course!
We had some Port Salut, Chèvre, and Camembert (all pasteurized for the preggo), 
 a French baguette, and some lingonberry jam
& Apothic White Wine
(Sparkling Pear Cider for the preggo)


Every good meal has to end with some Sweet Treats...
We devoured some Vanilla Madeleines, Custard Cream Horns, 
Pumpkin-Cinnamon Spice Macarons, and Blackberry Apple Macarons


You know it was a good dinner party when the glasses are empty and the plates are clean!


I love hosting parties...but the clean up, eh.
So, I decided to leave it for the morning.


Instead, I poured another glass of wine, snuck two more madeleines,
 and popped in Julie & Julia Blu Ray to end the night.


It was another smashing good party!  So happy I got to celebrate my birthday, again, with some great friends, enjoy some yummy food and tasty wine, and make some new memories.  


Bonne nuit,
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comment. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
1 09 10