Thursday, November 6, 2014

Golden Snitches, Chocolate Frogs, and Butter Beer Mustaches....

     October is one of my favorite months....pumpkin picking, hay rides, spooky decorations, pumpkin carving, trick-or-treating, fall festivals, costumes, Starbucks' Pumpkin Spice Lattes, and of course festive movies.  Which to me includes Harry Potter!  I am a huge Potter Head!  So I invited a few friends over, whipped up some Harry Potter snacks, and we watched "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2."  It was a lot of fun bringing one of my favorite movies to life in my table scape and food!  All my friends had a great time and left full of tasty treats and Butter Beer mustaches!



Got to represent the houses.  
(The GriffindorSlytherinRavenclaw, and Hufflepuff Banners are from Amazon)
See my Dementor in the corner??  (This is one of my Halloween decorations)


Hagrid says to just "follow the spiders...."
(Some spiders from the Dollar Tree, others from Walmart)


I made some floating candles like in "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone".
(They are made out of toilet and paper towel rolls that I painted and wrapped around a plastic a LED tea light I got from the Dollar Store. I glued it with hot glue.  Then used more hot glue around the tea light and let it drip down.  After it dried I painted the cooled drippy hot glue to look like dripping wax.  Then I used fishing line to hang them) 


I found some fun candies I thought HoneyDukes would've carried.
(The scarf, wand, and glasses are from the Spirit Halloween Store
the Apothecary Jars are from Amazon)



Dumbledore's favorite...Lemon Drops


Some Chocolate Licorice Wands


And my version of Fizzing Whizzbees, but really just some fizzing gum balls.


Hedwig guarding the Golden Snitch Truffles




Mischief Managed....
Downloaded the Marauder's Map from Sweet & Simple, 
then had it printed on light tan paper, then I crinkled it a bit to make it look aged.


There's the other two houses' banners.



Are you Griffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, or Slytherin...let the Sorting Hat decide.
(The hat is from Amazon)


Now on to the snacks....
The Food Label Cards & Mug Labels I downloaded and printed from Sweet & Simple.


How about a tall glass of Pumpkin Juice


Or a warm mug of Butter Beer


Or a frosty mug of Butter Beer


To go with those delicious drinks, I made some Cornish Pastries.


How about trying some Polyjuice Potion...
(Just queso & chips)


These Pumpkin Pasties were amazing!
There were excellent the next day for breakfast with a cup of tea.


We had to try Harry's favorite dessert, Treacle Tarts


Enjoy one of these Snitch Truffles, that's if you can catch one first!
(These are just Ferrero Rocher chocolates with velum paper wings taped to the tops.)


We had to have some Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans which I put in these awesome boxes that I downloaded from WizardShack then had printed at Office Max.

 

Who could forget when the chocolate frog jumped out the box and onto the window....
I made my own with the Chocolate Frog Mold I got from Amazon. 
Then put them in these downloaded and printed Chocolate Frog Boxes.


After all my guests had left, I took off my Griffindor Shoes
grabbed another warm mug of Butter Beer and a few snacks, 
then popped in "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1" into the Blu Ray.
(My Griffindor Pajama Pants are from Hot Topic, my socks from the Halloween Spirit Store)



It was another fun movie night with the girls!
Can't wait for the next one!


post signature

4 comments:

  1. This was an amaing party....so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food was delicious and the decor was incredible, You did an amazing job. I appreciate the invitation and was honored to be a part of it. It was a fun night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Patricia, so glad you got to come!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comment. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
1 09 10