Saturday, January 17, 2015

Ugly Christmas Sweater Cookie Swap Party

     While I was in Texas visiting my family, my mom and I decided it would be fun to host an Ugly Christmas Sweater Cookie Swap party.  The ugly sweaters have been popping up everywhere when the holiday season hits.  I found my cute "ugly" sweater at Target along with some fun decorations for the party.

     Mom and I also set out some yummy snacks to munch on before we dove into the sweet treats.


     I found some fun Gingerbread Man shaped pasta on Amazon which I made into a pasta salad.  I even found some sweaters and scarves for the wine!



As for the treats...

     I baked up some homemade Gingerbread and my friend made these Balish Cookies.


     Mom made her famous Buckeyes and Pretzel Turtles.


     She also made some Gingersnaps and a friend brought these Hershey Kiss Cookies.


     My friend Tori brought these M&M Sugar Cookies and my sister brought some Mexican Chocolate Snickerdoodles.


     My Mother-in-Law came too and brought these White Chocolate Covered Pretzels and some Peanut Butter Fudge.


     Another family friend brought some yummy Toffee.


     The kiddos had a great time surrounded by the whole family.  Enjoying tasty snacks and cookies.



     We even got to ooVoo (video chat) with the hubby, since he is still deployed.  It was the first time in 5 months that his family got to speak to him.  They were so excited to see him!



     Another great party, laid back and fun.  I love having my family around me for the holidays.  Plus there were cookies! YAY!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comment. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
1 09 10