Thursday, January 14, 2016

Gingerbread Houses


     A while back, yep before Christmas, I hosted a Gingerbread House Building party for Kinley and some of her new friends.  The kiddos had a lot of fun creating their gingerbread house masterpieces!  Since it was a gingerbread house party, I tried to play on that theme for the food as well. I tried some new recipes from Pinterest that turned out great!  



I made this Gingerbread Man/Woman & Candy Cane garland by tracing cookie cutters and cutting them out.  Then I taped them to some twine and hung them up.


My mom found this felt Gingerbread Man activity at the dollar spot at 
Target and mailed it to us for the party.  Thanks mom :)


Our elves, Zippy & ZuZu decided to party with us too!


Setting the table was quite easy.  I just put out all sorts of yummy candy and colorful sprinkles for decorating, made some royal frosting for the glue, and purchased two of the Wilton Christmas Gingerbread Village (since it had four small gingerbread houses included in each package).








Now on to the food......


I found these cute gingerbread plates, cups, and napkins on Amazon 
and got the utensils in the party section of a local store.


I know it's a party, but you still gotta have something healthy for the kiddos.
Simple veggies & Ranch dip


I made some PB & J and Turkey Cheese sandwiches, then used a gingerbread man cookie cutter.


This turned very yummy..that's if you really like gingerbread.  
The recipe actually made a lot, so I packaged some of the extra up and gave it to my neighbors.



I found the gingerbread men/house shaped pasta on Amazon also.  
To make the salad, I added some tomatoes, cucumbers, feta, 
onions and drizzled on a homemade Greek dressing I made.



For those with a sweet tooth, but wanted to keep it sort of on the healthier side. 
I made a platter of some fresh fruit and paired with a very simple cookie dip made from
gingerbread cake mix and cool whip.




I found these cute gingerbread lollipops on Amazon as well, they were great party gifts.


Oooooo, a gingerbread party wouldn't be complete without some Gingerbread Cupcakes 
topped with a Cream Cheese Frosting now would it?!



For the kiddos, a friend brought over some juice boxes.  
But for the mommas, we enjoyed a warm cup of Gingerbread Latte.





Kinley was ready to decorate!


Liam has his serious face going on there!













Look at those masterpieces!  They look good enough to eat!





Before everyone left, I gave out these little goodie bags with some Gingerbread Peeps, Gingerbread Dum Dum lollipops, Christmas Haribo Gummis, and some homemade Gingerbread Play dough.



The party was a big hit and it was nice to hang out with some great kids and their wonderful mommas.  Can't wait to host another fun party!




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comment. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
1 09 10