Monday, October 24, 2016

Rainbows & Unicorns

     I know it's been awhile since I sat down and did a real post, so today I'm doing it!  Kinley isn't feeling very well, which means I'm on the couch watching movies with her today.  Thought I could sneak in a post while she watches her favorite princess, Merida.  

    So, last month was September, which means it was my birthday month.  No matter how old I get, I still love celebrating my birthday.  This year was no different.  I tend to celebrate it all month long, I mean, why not?  And because I like to do themes, obviously, I wanted to do something different and fun this year, which lead me to this fun photoshoot with one of my photographer friends....

     Here's the back story....my friend Kim Kelley of Kim Suzanne Images was taking pictures at a Candid Cupcakes photoshoot, I was there to have pictures taken as well, when we got to talking.  She was photographing a little girl's smash cake and I asked her if she had ever heard an adult smash cake.  She had never heard of them, so I sent her some pins on Pinterest.  With my birthday the next month, we decided we should do it.  I found a lady, Danyelle Uribe to do my hair and makeup, my friend Emma Sadler of Home Ties planned on making my cake and cupcakes, found the perfect rainbow tutu by TulleBoxCreationsUK, a gorgeous golden birthday crown by Lovecrushcrowns, and some beautiful rainbow pearls by AlmostFamousa, booked a photo session at Studio 62, set a date, and that was it!

     I'm not used to being in front of the camera.  I usually the one behind it taking pictures.  With that in mind, I wanted a bright colorful whimsical theme that I could have fun with that reflected my personality.  So I picked rainbows and unicorns.

    Check out how my little photo session went....


Kim Susanne Images

Kim Susanne Images 

Kim Susanne Images

Kim Suzanne Images

Kim Suzanne Images

Kim Suzanne Images

Kim Suzanne Images
     It was a really fun photoshoot!  Kim and I plan on doing some more in the future!  Just wait till you see the Halloween one we did last week!!  It's SPOOKtacular!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comment. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
1 09 10